Resources for those who have been economically impacted by the coronavirus pandemic.
- San Diego County Office of Education – San Diego County families looking for childcare can call to discuss needs with an advisor.
- General Line: (800) 481-2151
- Healthcare, first responders, law enforcement and military professionals: (619) 952- 0242
- YMCA Child Care Referrals – Healthcare workers in need of childcare can reach out to the YMCA, which is offering enhanced referral services within the database of licensed family childcare homes and centers.
- Healthcare Providers: (619) 952-0242
California Employment Development Department (EDD) – Information on potential work closures, layoffs, reduced hours, sick or quarantined workers, etc. due to the coronavirus.
- San Diego County Office of Education – List of food service sites open during school closures.
- Any student age 2-18 can go to any school site providing meals and receive food during school closures for COVID-19.
- San Diego Food Bank – If you need food assistance, call 2-1-1 from your phone and an operator will provide you with the location of your nearest food distribution site. You can also call the Food Bank’s toll-free number at (866) 350-FOOD (3663).
- San Diego Farms – Providing food during the COVID-19 pandemic while farmer’s markets are closed.
- Mama’s Kitchen – Home delivered meal program for those diagnosed with a critical illness and are unable to independently prepare their own meals.
San Diego Housing Federation – Resources for affordable housing and statewide support during the COVID-19 pandemic.
Legal Aid Society of San Diego – Provides free legal assistance for San Diego County residents who qualify and need support with housing, debt collection, repossession, housing discrimination, family law, immigration and more.
Health and Human Services Agency (HHSA) – Assistance on CalWORKs, CalFresh, Medi-Cal, Cash Assistance Program for Immigrants (CAPI), etc.
Metropolitan Transit System (MTS) – Service updates and information on changes.
- San Diego Gas and Electric (SDG&E) – Updates on initiatives to support families during the pandemic.
- United Way of San Diego – Information about the Community Response Fund and San Diego. Worker Assistance Initiative to help with utilities, rent and mortgage payments.
- AT&T , Verizon , Cox – Information about improving home internet usage and decreasing fees or terminations for inability to pay during COVID-19.
- Charter Internet – Information about free access to spectrum broadband and Wi-Fi for students.
- Computers2Kids San Diego – Program for low cost computers or Internet for students.